AC Maintenance Services in Des Plaines IL
For AC Maintenance in Des Plaines IL, you can count on Stevenson’s Air Control to kee you on track. We handle everything from AC Repair to Installation, and we offer a complete range of services to keep your family cool in the summer and warm in the wintertime.
We are proud to offer a full array of AC Services throughout Des Plaines including:
- Professional AC Installation
- Preventative air-conditioner maintenance
- 24/7 emergency AC service and repair.
If you need AC Maintenance Services, you can feel confident knowing the AC Maintenance Service experts in Des Plaines will deliver!
AC Maintenance Pros
Want to ensure your current AC system will stand the test of time? At Stevenson’s Air Control, we offer a wide array of preventative air conditioning services to keep your system functioning. From compressors to cooling coils, safeties to blowers and everything in between, we evaluate your system parts and components to protect your AC and preserve your family’s comfort. Additionally, we offer detailed explanations, so you know exactly what’s wrong before committing to a repair.
There are many steps involved in maintaining an AC system throughout the year. It’s not enough to install a brand new system in your home or business – you also have to arrange for regular tune-ups with trained professionals. The team at Stevenson’s Air Control offers AC Maintenance in Des Plaines IL for an affordable price.
Having a proper and regular AC maintenance plan for your home is essential because it is the best way to ensure proper performance. This is not the only reason you should keep a close eye on your HVAC system in Des Plaines IL though. In fact, enhanced performance is merely one of the numerous benefits associated with having a professional AC Maintenance company clean and inspect your system.
Many AC unit breakdowns can be easily prevented by regular inspection, repair, and maintenance. Without a residential maintenance plan, small problems can lead to larger problems, which can then lead to costly repairs. Create your individualized AC maintenance plan with the professional technicians at Stevensons Air Control. With a regular maintenance plan, you can ensure that your unit is running efficiently, is far less likely to break down, and will even last longer than a machine not being serviced.
Air Conditioner Maintenance in Des Plaines, Illinois
When considering your air conditioner maintenance in Des Plaines, Illinois, our certified HVAC technicians test your heating and/or cooling system, and perform a complete maintenance review that includes:
- Thermostat – To ensure that the thermostat operates correctly, the installer will calibrate the thermostat so that it is appropriately mounted away from all heat sources, including light bulbs and heat-producing equipment.
- Check/Tighten Electrical Connections – Our technicians test electrical connections to ensure that they work safely. Checking and fixing electrical connections removes possible electrical risks and helps increase the longevity of the heating and cooling system.
- Lubricate Moving Parts – This means that you do not do undue harm to friction moving objects. Lack of lubrication can lead to systems breaking down more easily, causing more regular repairs and/or replacements.
- Check and Clean Condensate Drain Line – The clearing of the A/C condensate line means that the air conditioner will correctly drain liquid condensate. When the drain becomes clogged, this will create water leakage and other issues with moisture and wetness. Condensate drain cleaning also removes any mold and bacteria around your drain line. Additionally, your technician will test whether you have broken condensate drain pressure and will patch or remove any leaked condensate drain lines that you might have.
- Check System Controls – This ensures proper cycling and safe operation of your HVAC system. It’s necessary to test if the machine is turning off, and shutting down properly.
- Replace or Clean Switch Air Filter – It means that you have a functioning and safe air filter that is appropriate for your system. Although you can change your filter yourself (and you should!), your HVAC contractor might point to a better filter or filtration system that you should use.
Like any machine, your home’s AC unit will run more efficiently when it is regularly maintenanced. When your AC unit is running cleanly and efficiently, it is less likely to break down due to issues with small components like the coils or filters.
Less Energy Consumption:
When your home’s AC unit is not running as efficiently as it could be, it’s probably using more energy than it should. If you are noticing higher energy bills, it could be because your AC unit needs to be maintenanced.
Extended Equipment Life:
Keeping your AC unit clean and maintenanced will help it last longer. Make sure you are getting the most out of your unit for as long as possible by caring for it regularly.
Avoid Indoor Air Quality Issues:
Your indoor air quality relies on AC Maintenance. This includes a complete inspection and cleaning of the entire HVAC system. Replacin your filter and keeping your air ducts clean are an important part of the process. One of the major benefits of focusing on your home’s indoor air quality needs is that this can drastically reduce the amount of allergens that your family is exposed to. This makes indoor air quality management and AC Maintenance even more important.
Save the Planet:
Without a proper AC Maintenance routine in place, the energy efficiency of even a newer unit will quickly begin to plummet. Neglecting your system in this way will hurt much more than your pocketbook. A poorly maintained system uses more energy. Apart from properly maintaining your system, be sure to invest in models with the Energy Star label. These are designed to increase comfort and reduce energy consumption. When your unit is regularly maintenanced, you are ensuring that it is running cleanly and efficiently. Run a greener household with regular service inspections with Stevensons Air Control.
Reduce the Risk of a Fire:
Failing to take advantage of preventative maintenance can increase your risk of having a house fire. From 2006-2010, there was an average of 2,500 HVAC-related fires each year. Keep in mind that any piece of equipment that utilizes electricity could conceivably cause a fire if precautions are not taken.
There are several additional benefits of AC Maintenance such as minimizing the cost of repairs and reducing your odds of having the system breakdown on a hot day. Stevenson’s Air Control is proud to provide a variety of maintenance services to the Des Plaines and Greater Chicago area. You can learn more about the perks associated with our AC Maintenance by contacting us or giving us a call at (847)-266-8765.